Integrated Pest Management: Learn to Fight the Invasion!
IPM programs have been shown to reduce damage to collections and lessen the usage of toxic pesticides. In this workshop attendees will learn:
- What types of pests most commonly show up in collections and what they eat
- Tricks for identifying common pests found in libraries and museums
- Steps to take to mitigate risk of pests
- Pest invasion signs to watch out for
- What to do when the worst happens – infestation
- How best to implement an IPM program at your institution
About the Instructor:
Christina Bean is a paper conservator at 805 Conservation. She graduated with a Masters in Conservation: Works of Art on Paper in 2016 and was the Kress fellow at University of California Los Angeles, Library Conservation Center throughout 2017. From February to September 2018 she ran a project through 805 Conservation to work on disaster recovery of items from the January 2018 Montecito, California mudslides. She’s been talking about bugs to people who will stand still long enough for years.